The Power of an Event Strategy (Part 2 of 3)
August 20, 2014 Leave a Comment
I highly encourage my colleagues and clients and you, dear reader, to create a Marketing Strategy with a specific Events and Networking component.
Begin by developing a one-page summary of your business goals/objectives and 8 – 10 key detailed characteristics of your ideal client. **What’s an ideal client? The person you and your business can help the most and you’ll enjoy the experience of working together. **
Create a brainstorm session for you and your business. Have some fun and be focused. Create (guess) answers to these questions or others.
- Do they need education and training (for certifications or skill set improvement)?
- Where do these people do business (coffeeshop, office, on the road, home office)?
- What is important to them (saving time, connecting with others, saving money, more time for their passions)?
- How do they spend their time (working for clients, focused on their non-passion areas of business, with their kids, at professional association meetings)?
- How can I most help them (based on the services and products that my business provides)?
Now that you’ve created your Event Marketing Strategy, you can share it with your “Micro-Network”TM of Advocates & Champions. They will support you in implementing your plan for success. Not sure what I mean by a “Micro-Network”TM of Advocates & Champions? Contact me (information below) and I’ll send you an audio recording of a tele-seminar that I recently recorded. It’s 45 minute of great content & expertise!
Imagine the impact of hosting, speaking at or sponsoring a well-executed event, in which your target clients and micro-network advocates are in the audience and you are center stage (in name as a Sponsor or in-person as a Presenter). Collaborating on or creating the perfect event can establish you as an authority in your industry and a talented specialist to potential clients. It is the # 1 way to enhance your visibility, motivate others to take interest in your business, share your knowledge to many and increase your revenue.