January Jig: Event Strategy #1
January 10, 2012 1 Comment
Have you ever attended an event and thought, “How did they do that?”, “Love that presenter!” or “I want to be part of a great event.” I’ll share a great post at 3pm that develops these comments and gets to the heart of “Why do I want to host-speak-sponsor-participate in an event?”
Events give you (and your cause) visibility! Networking boosts your connections at events as host, attendee, sponsor or speaker. Consider these keys:
- Have a project management approach to your event: focus on goals, budget & timeline.
- How do you want your attendees to feel while at your event?
- A strategic & well-planned event can boost your ability to connect with people.
- You can share your knowledge and establish you as an expert in your field.
- Events give visibility to a cause or passion that you want other people to support.
- Successfully promoted/managed events use a strategic combination of social media platforms and timing.
- Consider which are the best events at which to host, speak, sponsor or network to increase your visibility.
Thanks to Idea Girl Media for a fabulous January Jig Event!!
Next Strategic Connections event (in Cincinnati): http://conta.cc/StrategicConnectionsEvent-Jan26